New line of Multimedia receivers unleashes full power of smartphone connectivity in the car, delivering a seamless driving experience
Pioneer Electronics AsiaCentre Pte. Ltd. – 19 September 2012 – Transforming any car into a “connected car,” Pioneer has expanded its Multimedia receiver lineup with the announcement of four new models to reinvent your driving experience. The Multimedia receiver series is now joined by the following new models: AVH-X5550BT, AVH-X4550DVD, AVH-X2550BT and AVH-X1550DVD. The AVH-X550BT and AVH-X4550DVD come with 7” wide VGA Touch Panel Display, while the AVH-X2550BT and AVH-1550DVD come with 6.1” wide VGA Touch Panel Display.
“As a company who strives to outdo itself, Pioneer has once again transcended the boundaries of our ‘Rethinking Connectivity’ strategy. With the growing trend of smartphone users today, the new and enhanced capabilities of our Multimedia receivers fulfill consumer demand for seamless connectivity,” said Mr. Masayoshi Ishikubo, Senior General Manager of Pioneer Electronics AsiaCentre.
Turbo-charge Connectivity with Advanced App Mode
Pioneer strives to embrace today’s connected lifestyle with Advanced App Mode1 feature, which empowers drivers with the control of compatible iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S applications, directly from the car dashboard. To keep in-car entertainment hassle-free, Pioneer provides compatibility with a myriad of applications ranging from navigation, internet radio service to social media2.
Drivers get to utilize navigation applications such as NavGate Drive South East Asia and Waze to ensure that they are not lost on the roads. The Extra Mile application helps drivers to view and log their fuel expenses and trip details, which supports users in driving safely and more efficiently. For drivers who want a wider variety of listening programmes, AUPEO! Personal Radio and Livio Car Internet Radio are also additional applications compatible with Pioneer’s new line up of Multimedia receivers. Lastly, the EC Touch application brings together the most commonly used features and applications on the interface to provide drivers with maximum control and convenience in the car.
Pioneer’s Multimedia receivers aim to deliver hassle-free car entertainment for drivers. All new models utilize the Advanced User Interface, an intuitive graphic user interface specifically customized for the in-car environment to make various audio and video functions exceptionally operable. Touch operation on the user-interface panel allows for effortless control on the music menu display, by making everything accessible at the swipe of a finger.
The Live Road DJ
Not forgetting the in-car audio entertainment, avid party-goers can now easily create the club-like atmosphere in their car. Building on MIXTRAX, a proprietary technology Pioneer launched in December 2011, the latest range of Multimedia receivers are all integrated with MIXTRAX EZ1, which allows for quick and easy nonstop playback without using the MIXTRAX software.
There is also an option for a Short Playback Mode where drivers can choose between various music playback lengths from 60 seconds all the way up to three minutes, so that they can shorten their track selections and speed up the switch to subsequent tracks in the mix.
A Multitude of Capabilities
The newly launched Multimedia receivers also boast functional features that make them easy and convenient to use. All new models launched are also compatible with a Pioneer TV Tuner which can be operated via the touch panel displays.
The Multimedia receivers also come with a multi-language interface, allowing users to select between English, Chinese (Simplified), Thai. In addition, Bahasa Indonesia has been included as a new language.
The Pioneer AVH-X5550BT, AVH-X4550DVD, AVH-X2550BT and AVH-X1550DVD, will be available soon in the coming months at selected authorized dealers.
- In its bid to provide customers the best, Pioneer constantly seeks out new compatible applications to maximize in-car entertainment. For the updated list of applications available in your country, please refer to local branches or distributors of Pioneer Car Entertainment.
- AppRadio App & compatible applications may not be available in some countries. Pioneer Advanced App Mode application “AppRadio App” is only applicable for 3G or Wi-Fi Connection situations.
- Pioneer does not guarantee compatibility with all USB mass storage devices and assumes no responsibilities for any loss of data on media players, smartphones, or other devices while using the receiver.
- Optional cable CD-IU201V is required to utilize direct control for iPhone 4, iPhone 4S or 4th Generation iPod Touch. CD-IU201V is sold separately.
- Requires optional cable CD-IU201S when Advanced App Mode is in use, CD-IU201S is sold separately.
- PIONEER, MIXTRAX and APP MODE are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
- iPOD, iPOD touch, iPHONE and iTUNES are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
- EC Touch is a registered trademark of Motus Lab.
- Waze is a registered trademark of Waze Inc.
- Extra Mile is a registered trademark of GammaPoint, LLC.
- Livio Car Internet Radio is a registered trademark of Livio Radio.
About Pioneer Electronics AsiaCentre (PAC) Pte. Ltd.
The regional headquarters of Pioneer Corporation since 1992, PAC’s core business covers the audio and video industries with a diversified range of products encompassing DVD-related products, home stereo systems, speakers, car audio visual and DJ equipment. In line with the corporate vision to become a company that works together in ‘pursuing innovations one after another’, PAC aims to continuously introduce innovative products that will raise entertainment to the level of pure emotion. For more information, please visit www.pioneer.com.sg.
Download the PDF version of this news