Pioneer fully embraces the consumer’s smartphone connected lifestyle
Apple and Android consumers stay connected in the car and in the wireless home through Pioneer products.
Pioneer Electronics AsiaCentre Pte. Ltd. – 11 January 2013 – Pioneer Electronics continues to embrace the consumer’s smartphone connected lifestyle with the broadest range of car, home and DJ electronic products that offer multiple wired and wireless options with today’s iOS and the Android™ OS smartphone devices. Pioneer is committed to the integration of smartphone connectivity with its line of consumer electronics products to bring consumers that personal smartphone experience, anytime and anywhere.
Pioneer is demonstrating interoperability with its smartphone integrated products, including car entertainment products such as the Multimedia receivers; home electronics products such as the wireless speakers and home audio video receivers; and professional and “prosumer” products such as DJ controllers. This broad range of products enables users to connect their Apple® iOS or Google® Android OS smartphone devices with ease. Through these Pioneer smartphone integrated products, consumers can easily play and control multimedia content stored on their smartphones, and launch a wide range of smartphone compatible applications.
“With the emergent trend of smartphone users today, smartphone is becoming a prime source of entertainment for consumers. Consumers seek a digitally connected lifestyle with their device(s), and we’re making that happen, whether it’s at home, in the car, or on-the-go,” said Mr. Masayoshi Ishikubo, Senior General Manager of Sales & Marketing Group, Pioneer Electronics AsiaCentre. “Pioneer is a smartphone-friendly brand, and we are using the latest technologies, including iPhone® 5 connectivity, AppRadio™ Mode, AirPlay™, HTC Connect™, DLNA®, Wireless Direct and Bluetooth®, to give consumers the freedom to enjoy stored audio video entertainment, the latest compatible applications and online content.”
Pioneer Car Electronics Division
Pioneer’s Car Electronics Division is transforming any car into a “connected car,” bringing products designed to meet the consumer’s desire for enhanced integration of entertainment and smartphone connectivity in the car. Pioneer’s Multimedia receivers offer the most smartphone connectivity options for the iPhone 5 and several Android smartphones1.
1) Multimedia receivers – AppRadio Mode is an enhanced version of the previously known Advanced App Mode, which provides in-car connectivity to numerous smartphones via the Pioneer Multimedia receiver. Pioneer’s selected 2012 and 2013 Multimedia receivers are incorporating Pioneer’s AppRadio Mode (previously known as Advanced App Mode) to provide users the ability to access and control dozens of compatible smartphone applications directly on the in-dash touchscreen displays.
2) iPhone 5 Connectivity – Within a short span of four months, Pioneer was able to develop two different solutions1to provide enhanced connectivity between iPhone 5 and five models of Pioneer’s 2012 and 2013 Multimedia receivers. Available in March 2013, the CD-IH202 and CD-IV202AV connectivity kits3, in conjunction with the appropriate accessories from Apple, will allow iPhone 5 users the ability to access and control select iPhone 5 applications via the in-dash touchscreen display. The revolutionary AppRadio platform enable drivers to play and control music and videos stored on their iPhone 5, and launch a wide slew of applications compatible with iPhone 5 such as Waze, the social navigation application.
3) AppRadio Development Center – Pioneer continues to work with many of the most popular services and application developers to deliver the latest and most in demand in-vehicle content from the user’s smartphone to the car. Pioneer’s AppRadio Development Center (www.appradiodev.com) will help grow the library of AppRadio applications, expediting the development process between Pioneer and third-party application developers by providing the tools necessary for integrating appropriate applications with the AppRadio platform. These tools include the software development kit, technical support, and additional resources to find all of the information necessary from a single central resource portal.
4) Latest Applications – Adding to the long list of compatible applications available on the AppRadio platform, new applications have been officially added including CommuteWX®, Glympse® and Maxthon® Cloud Web Browser, available for the iOS and Android operating systems. The number of applications compatible with the AppRadio platform now totals more than two dozen, ranging from entertainment to navigation applications.
Pioneer Home Electronics Division
Pioneer’s Home Electronics Division recognizes that the smartphone has become the preferred source for streaming audio and video entertainment and offers the most connectivity options in the home for today’s smartphone users. Pioneer’s home electronics products integrate the latest and most convenient wireless technology options for sharing smartphone content in the home through AirPlay, DLNA 1.5, Wireless Direct, HTC Connect, and Bluetooth, as well as exclusive applications such as ControlApp and iControlAV2012.
1) Wireless Speakers – Pioneer adds to its lineup of whole home audio products by entering the wireless speaker category with its line of SMA series of Wi-Fi® speakers, the XW-SMA1, XW-SMA3 and XW-SMA4. Designed and sound tuned by renowned speaker engineer Andrew Jones, all three models offer AirPlay and DLNA connectivity, as well as an alternative wireless connection called Wireless Direct that allows the speaker to act as its own wireless access point when a network connection is unavailable.
2) Networked Home AV Receivers – The full line of networked Pioneer® AV receivers will be on display demonstrating support of streaming audio through AirPlay and HTC Connect as well as Pioneer’s proprietary control applications such as ControlApp and iControlAV2012, which allow the user to control and push content from the phone to the AV receiver via network connection.
3) Latest Connectivity – Pioneer is committed to staying at the forefront of technology and continues to offer the latest in connectivity options with the most popular smartphone platforms in the market. Pioneer home products are compatible with the newest iPhone 5 and iPhones running iOS6.
Additionally, Pioneer is the first consumer electronics manufacturer to receive HTC Connect certification and provide a unified connectivity solution for Android smartphone users via HTC Connect technology incorporated in Pioneer’s wireless speakers and AV receivers.
Pioneer DJ Division
Pioneer DJ brings the connected lifestyle into the DJ world with the XDJ-AERO controller, the industry’s first Wi-Fi® DJ system that can wirelessly play music tracks from smart devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptop computers2. The XDJ-AERO allows users to mix and arrange their favourite music tracks stored on their smart devices via Wi-Fi, as well as on USB memory devices and computers via compatible DJ software by way of MIDI. For additional benefits and convenience, the XDJ-AERO also features Wireless Direct, creating its own access point when Wi-Fi isn’t available or not in range, further enabling quick and convenient connectivity with portable smart devices.
2Requires computer with wireless LAN functions or wireless LAN network.
- Review the operation manual as well as all instructions and cautions provided with compatible smartphone applications before use. Become familiar with any applicable state and local laws. Pay attention to the road, limit glances to the device, and do not use any feature if it cannot be operated safely in your location and environment. Distracted driving may result in serious injury, including death.
- PIONEER, AppRadio and MIXTRAX are trademarks or registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
- ANDROID is a trademark of Google Inc.
- iPhone and AirPlay are trademarks of Apple Inc.
- Glympse is a registered trademark of Glympse Inc.
- Maxthon is a registered trademark of Maxthon USA Inc.
- DLNA, the DLNA Logo and DLNA Certified are trademarks, service marks, or certification marks of the Digital Living Network Alliance.
- Blu-ray Disc and Blu-ray are trademarks owned by the Blu-ray Disc Association.
- The Bluetooth word mark is registered trademark owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Pioneer is under license.
- HTC and HTC Connect are trademarks of HTC Corporation.
- Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
For more information on Pioneer Car Entertainment, follow us on:
Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/PioneerCarEntertainment
About Pioneer Electronics AsiaCentre (PAC) Pte. Ltd.
The regional headquarters of Pioneer Corporation since 1992, PAC’s core business covers the audio and video industries with a diversified range of products encompassing DVD-related products, home stereo systems, speakers, car audio visual and DJ equipment. In line with the corporate vision to become a company that works together in ‘pursuing innovations one after another’, PAC aims to continuously introduce innovative products that will raise entertainment to the level of pure emotion. For more information, please visit www.pioneer.com.sg.