Pioneer expands in-car connectivity with new applications and launch of AppRadio Development Center
Development Site for Application Developers Expedites Build of Applications Compatible with AppRadio Platform
Pioneer Electronics AsiaCentre Pte. Ltd. – 11 January 2013 – Pioneer Electronics has expanded smartphone connectivity support for its AppRadio® platform of products with the introduction of three new applications and the launch of its AppRadio Development Center (ADC), www.appradiodev.com, a site created for developers interested in making their applications compatible with Pioneer’s lineup of Multimedia receiver equipped with AppRadio Mode.
“We are excited to work with many of the most popular services and application developers, like Maxthon Cloud Browser®, CommuteWX®, and Glympse®, to deliver the latest and most in-demand content from the user’s smartphone to the car,” said Mr. Masayoshi Ishikubo, Senior General Manager of Sales & Marketing Group, Pioneer Electronics AsiaCentre. “With the launch of the AppRadio Development Center, we are able to narrow the lead time required to establish compatibility between third-party applications designed for in-vehicle use and the Pioneer AppRadio platform, and ultimately expanding the number of AppRadio compatible applications in the future.”
AppRadio Mode is an enhanced version of the previously known Advanced App Mode, which provides in-car connectivity to smartphones via Pioneer’s selected 2012 and 2013 Multimedia receivers (from 1 model in 2012 to 7 models in 2013).
Expanded List of Compatible Applications
Pioneer constantly seeks out new compatible applications to reinvent your driving experience. Currently, there are now more than two dozen applications that are compatible with Pioneer’s revolutionary AppRadio Mode. Recently, Pioneer has expanded its list of compatible applications with a variety of categories including location based services (Glympse®), in-car browsing (Maxthon® Cloud Browser) and Utility (CommuteWX).
To provide a streamline in-car entertainment experience, Pioneer provides compatibility with a myriad of applications ranging from navigation, internet radio service to social media. Drivers get to utilize navigation applications such as NavGate Drive South East Asia and Waze to ensure a smooth journey on the roads. The Extra Mile application helps drivers to view and log their fuel expenses and trip details, which supports users in driving safely and more efficiently. For drivers who want a wider variety of listening programmes, AUPEO! Personal Radio and Livio Car Internet Radio are also additional applications compatible with Pioneer’s new line up of Multimedia receivers. Lastly, the EC Touch application brings together the most commonly used features and applications on the interface to provide drivers with maximum control and convenience in the car.
AppRadio Development Center
The new AppRadio Development Center is a continuous effort initiated by Pioneer to expand the library of AppRadio applications, expediting the development process between Pioneer and third party in-vehicle application developers by providing the tools necessary for integrating their applications with the AppRadio platform, so consumers can connect to their preferred applications directly from our Multimedia receivers. These tools include the software development kit, technical support, and additional resources to find all of the information necessary from a single central resource portal. The site will also allow developers to submit their applications for certification, a process that includes meeting Pioneer’s AppRadio and Driver Distraction Guidelines. These guidelines have been created as a reference in the development of applications that are designed or modified specifically for in-vehicle use to promote safe use while driving.
To gain full access to the AppRadio Development Center, developers must first have their application(s) available for download from Google® Play or the Apple® App Store. Developers are encouraged to register their companies and applications on www.appradiodev.com to start the review process and help determine whether applications meet the AppRadio platform requirements. If a developer’s application is eligible to be AppRadio compatible, then upon execution of a non-disclosure agreement, Pioneer will provide admission to the AppRadio Developer Program and access to Pioneer’s Software Developer Kit (SDK) for integration with the developer’s iOS or Android app(s). For more information, please visit www.appradiodev.com.
For more information, follow us on:
Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/PioneerCarEntertainment
Pioneer Multimedia Receivers Compatibility List:
|Category||Model||AppRadio Mode (compatible with Apple® iOS*)||AppRadio Mode (compatible with Google® Android OS )|
* iPhone 5 connectivity is only applicable for Pioneer Multimedia receivers with Bluetooth function.
- Review the operation manual as well as all instructions and cautions provided with compatible smartphone applications before use. Become familiar with any applicable state and local laws. Pay attention to the road, limit glances to the device, and do not use any feature if it cannot be operated safely in your location and environment. Distracted driving may result in serious injury, including death.
- AppRadio Mode & compatible applications may not be available in some countries. Pioneer AppRadio Mode application ‘AppRadio App’ is only applicable with use via 3G or Wi-Fi Connection situations.
- Connectivity with Android smartphones is available via the CD-AH200 accessory cable kit, sold separately.
- iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S are compatible using the Pioneer CD-IU201S accessory cable.
- From March 2013 onwards, support for the iPhone 5 can be added to the selected Multimedia receivers with a firmware update and a compatible connectivity kit. Connectivity kits and Apple Lightning adapter requirements vary by model.
- Pioneer and AppRadio are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
- Google, Google Play and Android are trademarks or registered trademarks of Google Inc.
- Apple is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- Glympse is a registered trademark of Glympse Inc.
- Maxthon is a registered trademark of Maxthon USA Inc.
- CommuteWX is a registered trademark of ILS Technologies LLC
- EC Touch is a registered trademark of Motus Lab.
- Waze is a registered trademark of Waze Inc.
- Extra Mile is a registered trademark of GammaPoint, LLC.
- Livio Car Internet Radio is a registered trademark of Livio Radio.
About Pioneer Electronics AsiaCentre (PAC) Pte. Ltd.
The regional headquarters of Pioneer Corporation since 1992, PAC’s core business covers the audio and video industries with a diversified range of products encompassing DVD-related products, home stereo systems, speakers, car audio visual and DJ equipment. In line with the corporate vision to become a company that works together in ‘pursuing innovations one after another’, PAC aims to continuously introduce innovative products that will raise entertainment to the level of pure emotion. For more information, please visit www.pioneer.com.sg.
Download the PDF version of this news