In-vehicle smartphone compatibility with Advanced App Mode puts a world of excitement
Pioneer’s latest range of Multimedia receiver with Advanced App Mode feature to keep drivers connected, informed and entertained
Pioneer Electronics AsiaCentre Pte. Ltd. – 19 September 2012 – Stay connected to your smartphone in the car with the Advanced App Mode feature. Pioneer’s game-changing AVH-X5550BT, AVH-X4550DVD, AVH-X2550BT and AVH-X1550DVD revolutionize the driver’s smartphone experience by bringing compatible iPhone 4, iPhone 4S or 4th generation iPod touch applications to your dash. The Advanced App Mode feature is developed to utilize the processing power, storage capacity, network connectivity and applications of the iPhone 4/iPhone 4S and iPod touch (4th generation) as the primary source of information and entertainment capabilities.
“Pioneer is committed to bring today’s consumers the best in-car integration with their smartphones. Advanced App Mode accomplishes this by providing smartphone access and control through a large touchscreen installed in the dash and integrated into the vehicle,” said Mr. Masayoshi Ishikubo, Senior General Manager of Pioneer Electronics AsiaCentre.
A Revolutionary Way to Use Applications in the Car
The full potential of the Advanced App Mode application “AppRadio” application is unleashed, simply by connecting to an iPhone 4/iPhone 4S and iPod touch (4th generation) loaded with compatible third-party applications. Pioneer Advanced App Mode transforms your driving experience by bringing an ever-expanding world of convenience and connectivity directly into the dash. The Pioneer Advanced App Mode application “AppRadio” delivers the ultimate in-vehicle smartphone integration for iPhone users by helping users to stay current with the recommended compatible third-party applications.
For the ultimate in-vehicle smartphone experience, download Pioneer’s free “AppRadio” application as well as other third-party compatible applications into your iPhone 4/iPhone 4S or iPod Touch (4th generation), and connect it to the Multimedia receiver, and you are ready to experience your in-car entertainment in an entirely new way. The Pioneer Advanced App Mode “AppRadio” application is available for free download at the App Store.
Pioneer Centric Applications
Pioneer has also teamed up with several application providers to ensure most of today’s most popular in vehicle traffic navigation and entertainment applications are attuned to the dash. Compatible applications for internet radio service include AUPEO! Personal Radio, Livio Car Internet Radio and StreamS HiFi Radio. There are also compatible applications for navigation applications service such as Extra Mile and Waze. Lastly, the EC Touch application brings together the most commonly used features and applications on the interface to provide drivers with maximum control and convenience in the car. Pioneer will devote continuous effort to expand the list of applications compatible with our Multimedia receivers
To better address the needs of car drivers, Pioneer has developed exclusive compatible apps for Advanced App Mode:
1) CarBrowser application – Powered by Opera, the Pioneer CarBrowser application provides complete in-vehicle access to the Internet, and internet contents can be browsed at least 6 times faster, especially during slower or crowded network.
2) MIXTRAX application – Analyze your iPod touch and iPhone 4/iPhone 4S music library (internet connectivity required) and generate non-stop mix play by cueing up songs, beat matching, or adding effects.
3) Navgate Drive South East Asia application – Provides numerous intelligent features such as traffic information, city guides, short route calculation time, simultaneous calculation of multiple route variants and many others.
The Pioneer AVH-X5550BT, AVH-X4550DVD, AVH-X2550BT and AVH-X1550DVD, will be available in the month of October at selected authorized dealers.
- In its bid to provide customers the best, Pioneer constantly seeks out new compatible applications to maximize in-car entertainment. For the updated list of applications available in your country, please refer to local branches or distributors of Pioneer Car Entertainment.
- AppRadio application & compatible applications may not be available in some countries. Pioneer Advanced App Mode application “AppRadio” is only applicable for 3G or Wi-Fi Connection situations.
- Pioneer does not guarantee compatibility with all USB mass storage devices and assumes no responsibilities for any loss of data on media players, smartphones, or other devices while using the receiver.
- Optional cable CD-IU201V is required to utilize direct control for iPhone 4, iPhone 4S or 4th Generation iPod Touch. CD-IU201V is sold separately.
- Requires optional cable CD-IU201S when Advanced App Mode is in use, CD-IU201S is sold separately.
- Navgate Drive South East Asia is only applicable for Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand.
- PIONEER and MIXTRAX are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
- iPOD, iPOD touch, iPHONE and iTUNES are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
- AUPEO! Personal Radio is a registered trademark of AUPEO GmbH.
- EC Touch is a registered trademark of Motus Lab.
- Waze is a registered trademark of Waze Inc.
- Extra Mile is a registered trademark of GammaPoint, LLC.
- Livio Car Internet Radio is a registered trademark of Livio Radio.
- StreamS HiFi Radio is a registered trademark of Modulation Index, LLC.
About Pioneer Electronics AsiaCentre (PAC) Pte. Ltd.
The regional headquarters of Pioneer Corporation since 1992, PAC’s core business covers the audio and video industries with a diversified range of products encompassing DVD-related products, home stereo systems, speakers, car audio visual and DJ equipment. In line with the corporate vision to become a company that works together in ‘pursuing innovations one after another’, PAC aims to continuously introduce innovative products that will raise entertainment to the level of pure emotion. For more information, please visit www.pioneer.com.sg.
Download the PDF version of this news