The in-car entertainment experience perfected with true application connectivity on the road
The AVH-X8650BT delivers access to an unbeatable range of compatible apps that can be controlled right from the dashboard through Pioneer’s enhanced AppRadio Mode.
Pioneer Electronics AsiaCentre Pte. Ltd. – 26 March 2014–Pioneer Electronics, a leader in aftermarket car electronics, today announced the launch of its newest flagship Multimedia receiver model – the AVH-X8650BT – along with an enhanced user interface. Packed with a host of connectivity features, drivers can look forward to experiencing true superior connectivity through AppRadio Mode, Pioneer’s revolutionary app-control technology that allows users to directly access compatible mobile applications right from the car dashboard, without having to touch their smartphones. These include access to a wide range of popular navigation, music and social applications used today.
With improved compatibility, users can connect their latest smartphones running on Android™ platforms (2.3.6 and above for compatible Android phones) as well as Apple™’s latest iPhones (5S®, 5C®) and mobile operating system iOS7® to the new Pioneer AVH-X8650BT. Plus, with its 7-inch, wide screen, super slim borders and sleek touch control panel, in-car entertainment has never looked better.
“Pioneer remains committed to realizing our vision of the ‘Connected Car’, and the launch of the AVH-X8650BT Multimedia receiver brings us yet another step closer to it,” said Mr. Masayoshi Ishikubo, Senior General Manager of Pioneer Electronics AsiaCentre. “Smartphone penetration in the Asia-Pacific region is booming, our proprietary AppRadio Mode technology gives our consumers the power of true smartphone app connectivity in their cars. Through our AppRadio mode development centre, the global mobile community’s choicest apps have been fully integrated into Pioneer’s operating ecosystem to maximise compatibility, allowing both Android and Apple phone users to effectively take command of their favourite music, video, navigation or social media app at a touch of the finger, right from the dashboard,” he added.
- Embrace true Smartphone connectivity with AppRadio mode
Boasting the widest range of connectivity options in the market through AppRadio Mode, the AVH-X8650BT offers users the flexibility of easy set-up, all through a one-stop fuss-free menu. All compatible apps are optimized for Pioneer’s enhanced user interface, making control from the screen much faster and more responsive compared to other app-mirroring connectivity options currently available in the market that might produce syncing and compatibility issues.
Pioneer’s dedicated AppRadio Development Centre frequently works with 3rd party app developers to ensure a smooth seamless integration of their apps with its receivers, thus making true app connectivity a reality that is exclusive to their users.
The AVH-X8650BT also offers the latest Bluetooth specifications (AVRCP 1.4) for high quality audio streaming through the phone, and users with compatible phones can browse their music playlist directly via bluetooth. With twice the bandwidth (at 16KHz) due to an updated Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.6), users can expect to enjoy clearer hands-free voice calls with better sound quality, and more responsive voice commands.
- Extensive selection of navigation, music and social media apps at your fingertips
Over 30 compatible apps have been fully integrated with Pioneer’s AppRadio Mode, giving users access to popular apps including Waze (social navigation), CarMediaPlayer (music) and Maxthon Mobile (web browser). At the simple touch or swipe of a finger, they get to view their social media updates, track their location on a map, and even stream their favourite videos right from the dashboard.
- Delivering quality music and videos with extended audio capability
Extensive range of compatible file formats
The AVH-X8650BT boasts compatibility with the most number of audio and Full HD video codecs in the market to date. Users will never have to compromise on the quality of their favourite shows and songs again.
Auto-Time Alignment for all speakers
For impeccable sound from the driver’s seat, the new time-alignment feature automatically estimates the delay from each speaker to the driver’s position and adjusts the speaker output, so that sound from all speakers reaches the driver’s ears in perfect sync.
13-band intuitive graphic equalizer
Audiophiles will be glad to know that they can bring more flavour to their music with the newly updated 13-band graphic equaliser to suit the mood and genre of their best playlists.With the unique Advanced Touch slide operation feature, users simply drag a finger to change the EQ curve and audio characteristics of each song.
MIXTRAX improved with self-analysis
MIXTRAX, Pioneer’s proprietary music-analysis and music-mixing technology is now even more accessible on AVH-X8650BT which allows users to analyse their music for MIXTRAX directly from the receiver itself. After analysing their music, users can now automatically organise them into playlists by genre, tempo, artist, mood and more with the MIXTRAX Link Gate function.
- Intuitive GUIs and one-touch commands for an invigorating in-car experience
Easy-access home menu with large icons and app-to-home navigation with side control bar
With the AVH-X8650BT’s new intuitive user interface, users get to customise their favourite functions on the home menu. Once a phone is connected, users can simply switch between apps and the main menu in a snap, right from the receiver! This safety feature helps keep the driver’s eyes on the road.
- Customisable cosmetic features to exude personality
Customizable screen background, illumination and theme settings
With added customizable features in the receiver, users can change their screens to whatever suits their mood or style. Users can also customize the background screen with their own images, simply through a USB connector.
The Pioneer AVH-X8650BT Multimedia Receiver will be available at Pioneer authorized dealers from the end of March 2014.
For more updates on these products, please visit the Pioneer Car Entertainment Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/PioneerCarEntertainment
About AppRadio Mode
Pioneer’s revolutionary proprietary technology, AppRadio Mode (formerly known as Advanced App Mode) provides in-car connectivity to iPhone® and selected Android smartphone users, allowing them to conveniently and safely integrate their smartphone and apps via Pioneer Multimedia receivers. True to its vision of developing the Connected Car for its users, Pioneer has teamed up with app developers to offer compatibility with many of today’s most popular in-vehicle apps, while also developing an increasing catalog of compatible apps for future applications. To use AppRadio Mode, users simply download Pioneer’s free AppRadio application onto their iPhone or Android device and connect to a Pioneer AppRadio Mode compatible receiver using the proper interface cable to unlock the power of compatible apps right from the dash of their cars.
For more information, please visit www.appradiomode.cms.ripplewerkz.co.
About Pioneer Electronics AsiaCentre (PAC) Pte. Ltd.
The regional headquarters of Pioneer Corporation since 1992, PAC’s core business covers the audio and video industries with a diversified range of products encompassing DVD-related products, home stereo systems, speakers, car audio visual and DJ equipment. In line with the corporate vision to become a company that works together in ‘pursuing innovations one after another’, PAC aims to continuously introduce innovative products that will raise entertainment to the level of pure emotion. For more information, please visit www.pioneer.com.sg.
- Review the operation manual as well as all instructions and cautions provided with compatible smartphone applications before use. Become familiar with any applicable state and local laws. Pay attention to the road, limit glances to the device, and do not use any feature if it cannot be operated safely in your location and environment. Distracted driving may result in serious injury, including death.
- Pioneer does not guarantee compatibility with all USB mass storage devices and assumes no responsibilities for any loss of data on media players, smartphones, or other devices while using the receiver.
- Bluetooth® functionality requires a compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. Certain Bluetooth features may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices or by certain wireless carriers.
- AppRadio app is available from iTunes® App Store and GooglePlay™. Please use in Internet connection situations. AppRadio app & compatible apps may not be available in some countries.
- In its bid to provide customers the best, Pioneer constantly seeks out new compatible applications to maximize in-car entertainment. For the updated list of applications available in your country, please refer to AppRadio app, local branches or distributors of Pioneer Car Entertainment.
- iPhone 4® and iPhone 4S® are compatible using a Pioneer CD-IU201S accessory cable, sold separately. iPhone 5®, iPhone 5S® and iPhone 5C® are compatible using Pioneer CD-IH203 accessory cable, sold separately. AppRadio Mode is compatible with iPhone 5®through a connectivity kit that requires the Apple Lighting to Digital AV adapter, sold separately.
- Pioneer Multimedia Receivers are for selected AndroidTM smartphones only. Compatibility varies by AndroidTM smartphone. Please check with local Pioneer authorised dealers for more information.
- Connectivity with Android smartphones is available via the CD-AH200 accessory cable kit, sold separately.
- MirrorLink compatible Android™ smartphones are connected with Pioneer CD-MU200 accessory cable, sold separately.
- PIONEER, MIXTRAX and APPRADIO MODE are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
- Apple®, iPod®, iPod touch®, iPhone® and iTUNES® are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- Android™ and Google Play™ are registered trademarks of Google Inc.
- iPhone® and iOS® are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
- MirrorLink and the MirrorLink logo are trademarks of the Car Connectivity Consortium LLC.
- BLUETOOTH® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
- Waze™ is a trademark of Waze Ltd.
- TuneIn® is a registered trademark of TuneIn, Inc.
- Other products, technology and company names, etc. mentioned herein are the trade names or registered trademarks of their respective owners.